DIC :: Forum ::

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart, Ryeo

« Older   Newer »
tsukushi*makino
view post Posted on 31/7/2016, 13:41 by: tsukushi*makino     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Ho trovato su tumblr un'intervista a Tong Hua, autrice del romanzo Bu Bu Jing Xin

Translated by squishy

Q: Does it feel different compared to the actors in the Chinese version of ‘Scarlet Heart’?

A: Although there are great differences, the Korean actors have their own unique characteristics. I feel that the actors each of their own distinct image and style. While they’re not that similar to the actors in the Chinese version of ‘Scarlet Heart’, I personally think they do match the original characters in the novel well. I believe the director took references from the characters in the novel and casted the actors with the intention of helping the audience interpret (the novel) more easily. Through communicating with the actors, he preserved the important characteristics of each personality, while combining that with the actors’ own personalities and acting abilities to craft each character. The actors in the Chinese drama was outstanding, so I’m looking forward how ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ will showcase each of the actors’ strong personalities through their acting.

Q: How do you feel attending the Seoul International Book Fair for the first time and meeting your Korean readers?

A: I didn’t know so many people in Korea read my books and that so many people would attend this event. I’m really glad.

Q: You’ve met the ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ cast then?

A: I met them yesterday (19th June) and watched the video they produced, then greeted the actors at the filming site.

Q: How did you feel upon meeting the actors?

A: Great, I’m filled with greater anticipation now.

Q: This is your first novel that’s been produced into a Korean drama. To some extent, you’re probably worried about it.

A: Initially, due to the difference in cultures between the two countries, I was indeed worried, but to not experiment with the new just because of these concerns would be akin to not eating for fear of choking (TL note: meaning to avoid something essential because of a slight risk). I really like this new attempt to make an originally Chinese novel into a Korean drama and I’ve seen Kim Kyu Tae PD’s works before, so I trust him completely. I’m really looking forward to the new drama.

Q: How do you find the Korean actors’ acting abilities?

A: While I haven’t seen all their works, I’ve seen Kang Ha Neul, Lee Joon Gi and Baek Hyun (EXO)’s acting before. IU is too adorable. The cast is full of actors that I like.

Web  Top
553 replies since 18/1/2016, 12:25   35858 views